Affiliate Marketing, Really?
You may have heard the term "Affiliate Marketing" before and then heard many get rich quick products and schemes attached to it, along side stories of how people make tens of thousands in one day. Then you think well Affiliate Marketing must be some type of scheme or scam, get rich quick too good to be true "career". Here you will read about how making money while you sleep and making thousands in one day is actually possible but... not over night and you really only make money while you sleep after you've build something that will make you money while you sleep.
Affiliate Marketing, Think About It!
If you stop to think about it people you know of or even people you know personally actually make money in their sleep with "traditional" careers, careers like authors, product developers, bloggers and famous entertainers, how? Basically through Affiliate Marketing, Affiliate Marketing is basically being associated - Affiliated with a product that is selling and keeping a portion of the profit sold on the product because you helped to get the product sold. Entertainers, movie stars, talk show hosts and athletes are some of the highest paid Affiliate Marketers because they associate themselves with products and persuade you and millions of others to buy them.
Learn the Basics FREE, great easy to follow videos!
Get Started with Affiliate Marketing
- It IS possible for a "regular" person to become an Affiliate Marketer, you don't have to be a famous person a marketing expert, a great writer or a ground breaking inventor but having an online presence, email list or website makes it much easier and has a very litte start up costs.
- How to become affiliated with products or services to market, there are many affiliate networks that are free to join and have programs for people just starting out with Affiliate Marketing. You can also check at products or services you are already using and inquire with the company if they have affiliate marketing programs for independent Affiliate Marketers, you will be surprised and maybe disappointed at how you could have made income from referring products or services you have already referred in the past.
11 Affiliate Networks to find Products/Services to Promote:
- CJ (formerly Commission Junction)
- Linkshare (Rakuten Marketing)
- Amazon Affiliates
- Google AdSense
- Ebay Partner Network
Always be sure to read the terms and agreement conditions of the affiliate network/program you choose to promote.
Get Started the Right Way, Don't Blow the Bank!
- Bells and Whistles, when starting out with affiliate marketing you will have to keep your guards up, there will be many products and services thrown your way, trying to entice you, many will promise over night riches while other will leave you with regrets about not being cautious. Luckily the web is full of free online resources, one that is highly recommended is Wealthy Affiliate, it's free to get started, and you won't be asked for any payment information to join, they offer you 2 free websites and a limited time access to their online community of expert and beginner Affiliate Marketers that are active 24/7. Wealthy Affiliate does not have any contracts to commit to and their getting started lessons offer certification and are free! If you're looking for more information about Wealthy Affiliate check out this Wealthy Affiliate Details Post, since it's free to check out you can browse what they have to offer with no risk to you. Want to Check out Wealthy Affiliate for yourself now, you won't be sorry!
30 Affiliate Marketing Acronyms to Know!
- AM = Affiliate Manager
- AVO = Average Order Value
- PPC = Pay Per Click
- PPL = Pay Per Lead
- PPA = Pay Per Action
- PPS = Pay Per Sale
- PPCall = Pay Per Call
- PPV = Pay Per View
- EPC = Earnings Per Click
- TOS = Terms Of Service
- MLM = Multi-Level Marketing
- CPA = Cost Per Action/Acquisition
- CTR = Click-Through Rate/Ratio
- CPM = Cost Per Thousand/Mil
- CPL = Cost Per Lead
- CPO = Cost Per Order
- CPS = Cost Per Sale
- CR = Conversion Rate/Ratio
- LTV = Lifetime Value
- PID = Publisher ID
- ROI = Return On Investment
- LP = Landing Page
- SID = Shopper ID
- SE = Search Engine
- SEO = Search Engine Optimization
- SERP = Search Engine Results Page
- SEM = Search Engine Marketing
- TOS = Terms Of Service
- UBE = Unsolicited Bulk Email
- UV = Unique Visitor
Back to Online Opportunities click here.