If shopping is your thing and you are able to stay on top of trends a career as a personal shopper may just be the right fit for you. There is quite a good portion of personal shoppers focused on fashion trends, but there are also professional personal shoppers for the elderly or also the wealthy who are preoccupied with their other affairs and require the services of a personal shopper.
Things to Consider:
- Are you observant and trustworthy? Often in the career of a personal shopper your services are offered to people who are busy and don't have a lot of time to communicate exactly what they need, you will have to have good observation skills to facilitate the needs of your client. Personal shoppers are often trusted with their clients credit cards and other types of fiances, to ensure you can attract a long lasting career in this field you'll want to show off your skills of responsibility and timeliness so you can prove how trustworthy you are.
- Excel in your Niche, showcase your expertise in your niche so you can attract the right clientele who will have you shopping for what you enjoy. As with many things you do in your life when you enjoy what you do you naturally excel and you will find you will attract more business.
- Document experiences, get references, when you just start out you may find it hard to get business by simply telling people the great job you can do for them, if you already have a satisfied client you can ask them to write you a short of reference of how they are happy with service you provided for them. If at any past job or even internship you were in charge of certain purchases you can list that in your experience and it can help you get out of the starting gate.
- Showcase your certificates, if you are targeting a clientele and have a certain certification within that field ensure you showcase that. If not you may want to take an online certification that can help boost your credibility in the field.
- Market yourself, although this career in mainly done offline a good way to drum up business would be to create a online social profile for yourself you can see how to get started here. With a social media presence you can post images, list your expertise, tell people about yourself and make it easier for future clients to find you can get in contact with you.
- Picture your success, having visuals on hand of your work is very important in this field, remember to visually document your best work.
Back to Offline Opportunities click here.