When you're passionate about what you create in comes through in the final product, and you'll find that your passion to create visuals can be very lucrative online. Everyday, multiple times a day, hour even minute a new website or online campaign is coming up, and those new online presences need images. When you're looking into selling your visual work online you'll find that there are clients with all types of budgets looking for all types of images styles and experience levels, so be sure to be fair to yourself and respect market value when pricing your work .
Selling your Graphics and Photos Online:
What you Need to Start:
- Categorize your work, getting your files organized and properly named will be a great help in the long run, wen you start to submit your work for sale. Create a document to track down what you will sell, where you will sell it and at what price points. This way you can have direction when you start to create new visuals to sell.
- Research the market, it's always a good idea to get a feel for the types of images already on sale and what is frequently selling, if you aren't dealing one on one with a client who is telling you what they need you'll have to do a little research to see what style is selling on the photo marketplaces if you want to keep up with the latest tends.
- Tags for your images, one way you can sell more visuals is by making sure clients can find your work in the correct category. When you ensure that your visuals are easy to find and coming up in the right category then you are way more likely you make sales. You can do test searches to ensure your images appear in the correct search results, also you can see how the top search results are tagging their images by clicking on them to see their sales page that often includes the tags they are using.
- Prepare correct file format depending on where you will sell your visuals you want to ensure you have multiple file types ready in the various quality ranges so you ensure the end client is getting what they need and don't run into any problems, file handling problems can discourage future clients.
- Watermarks and Thumbnails ensure you protect your work from being used before it is purchased, ensure you have watermarks of your own ready if the online platform you are selling on doesn't provide any. Also ensure that you are not uploading high quality images when you should be only providing thumbnail for preview, you deserve to be compensated for your work don't accidentally give it away for free.
- Sell in your style you may hear that selling visuals is over saturated, this is like saying every future campaign or product should look the same, remember every industry requires visuals and every industry wants to look different and stand out. Selling your visuals online really gives you a chance to showcase your best work and style, being original and keeping in your style may just be what a big company with a large budget is looking for.
Where you can Sell your visuals online:
- CanStock Photo
Always be sure to read the terms and agreement conditions of the platform you choose to sell on to make sure you can receive credit and payment for your work correctly and fairly.
Back to Online Opportunities click here.