What is SEO?
An important thing to keep in mind is that each search engine has it's own standards for "good" SEO, and each search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc) can change those standards at any time, so try to keep up to date as much as possible or just keep your site filled with quality content.
5 Ways to Improve your Site's SEO:
- 1) Relevant Content, quality content will great improve your site's SEO, one good base (at least at the time this was written) is to do your best to create your site with quality content that is relevant to your site's niche/topic.
- 2) Alt Tags, alt tags are most commonly used with images, another important note is to name images appropriately, search engines love text that often gets lost in images, so use "alt tags" with your images and name your images with mini descriptions search engines can pick up.
- 3) Quality Links, links that lead back to your site are known as Backlinks, when quality sites link back to your sites this improves your SEO.
- 4) Regular updates, updating your site regularly with good content can greatly boost your SEO.
- 5) Metadata, having your site's metadata setup is quick and great for SEO. Metadata is found in your <head></head> tags. This is an example:
A Video Explaining SEO:
Back to Web Help click here.